10K Run Course
Runners will exit the transition area heading up Front St. (Restaurant Row) where they will make a left on 4th St and a quick right onto Water St. Runners will then make a right onto Grand Ave, a left on Commonwealth Ave and a right at the Balmville Tree. Runners will head up River Road where they will pass the main water stop and head for the turnaround shortly after the mile 3 marker. Runners will make their way back to the Balmville Tree where they will make a left onto Balmville Road. Runners will pass the Powelton Club Golf Course on the right approaching Water Street for the last leg of the run. Runners will experience a down hill finish with a blistering fast pace so practice that turnover,its going to be a fast run and an EPIC finish to this race.
Run Course: Safety Plan/Policy:
- No form of locomotion other than running, walking or crawling is allowed
- Runners must wear number at all times on the course. Race numbers issued by OCTRI identify the official contestants in the race. Folding or cutting race number or intentional alteration of any kind is strictly prohibited. Run number must be placed on front of runner securely attached. Race belts may be worn. Shoes and shirts are required on the run segment at all times.
- This is an individual event. No individual support vehicles or not-contestant escort runners are allowed. Teamwork as a resut of outside assistance that provides an advantage over single competitors is not allowed. Ample aid and food stations will be provided. Individual support vehicles or non-contestant escort runners will result in disqualification. A non-contestant escort runner includes contestants who have withdrawn from the race, have been disqualified or have finished the race. Friends, family members, coaches, or supporters of any type may not bike, drive, or run alongside contestant, may not pass food or other items to contestant and should be warned to stay completely clear of all contestants to avoid disqualification. It is incumbent upon each contestant to reject immediately any attempt to assist, follow or escort.
- Ample food and beverage will be provided at transition and rest areas.
- Follow the directions and instructions of all race officials and public authorities.